Course: Digital Storytelling, 4 semesters
Professors: Iris Chyi; Gina Chen
- Hold weekly lab to teach multimedia reporting and data journalism skills
- Help students understand mobile video shooting, and a variety of tools including Podcast, Twitter, Facebook and Storify.
- Provide intensive training in multimedia software including Photoshop, Audacity, FinalCutPro and Soundslides.
- Equip them with knowledge and skills in web publishing using WordPress, Blogger, CSS and HTML.
- Help them develop ideas for news stories in various media platforms.
- Work with them on individual and group multimedia projects.
Course: Graphic Design, 1 semester // Professor: Chase Quarterman
- Help students develop an advanced understanding of visual journalism and design.
- Train them to use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Strengthen their knowledge in color theory, typography, space and information flow for print and web design.
- Work with them on individual projects and portfolios.
Course:Freedom: Philosophy, History and Law (Undergrad Signature Class), 2 semesters // Professor: Robert Jensen
- Lead discussion section. Cultivate students to become critical thinker of freedom and political/social system in the U.S. and around the world.
- Train students to think and write with historical and global perspectives. At the same time, encourage them to link those abstract concepts with personal experience.
- Grade and discus with them of their individual papers.