I have worked as a reporter and broadcast news editor in China and U.S.. I’ve also worked in UN as media specialist and in the PR department of the top 3 real estate company in Hong Kong. Besides, I’ve served as the first-year undergraduate advisor in Tsinghua University, China.
Media specialist, United Nations Headquarter in New York (UN), New York, NY. 2015.12-2016.3
- Utilized professional journalist experience to develop media strategy for the Security Sector Reform Unit [SSRU] at Department of Peacekeeping Operations.
- Increase internal and external media exposure and visibility of SSRU
- Actively involved in the design and update of SSRU website, responsible to edit and design newsletter on a regular basis.
TV News Reporter and Video Editor Intern, Voice of America (VOA), Washington, D.C. 2013.5-8
- Work in team and individually on news writing, interview, video shooting and video editing on human right, immigration, China-U.S relationship and economic issues.
- Gained knowledge of economic and political issues by actively researching online for news, database and reports.
- Research and identify conferences, seminars, events to attend and scholars, politicians to interview on international relations and policy. Maintain contact with those actors and build a network within the community.
- Write and promote news on social media platforms.
Reporter, Nanfang Daily, Guangzhou, China. 2008-2009
- Jobs include doing on-site interviews and writing on environment and real estate policies. Also involved in rewriting news stories backed on the Annual Economic Report and Annual Development Report.
Management Trainee, New World Development Group (NWD, Hong Kong Stock code: 017), Hong Kong, 2012.5-8
- Work with Corporate Communication Department for company banding by organizing media conference, theme events and launching communication campaigns.
- Research and prepare materials for presentations for company’s clients and shareholders.
- Assist in drafting documents, reports, speeches, newsletter, summary and web content for the Group.
First-year undergraduate advisor, School of Journalism and Communication, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 2009-2010
- Help the freshmen adapt to college life socially and academically. Job includes talk and listen to students about the successes and challenges they have; Introduce campus resources and empower them move forward.
- Support the needs of underrepresented and first-generation student populations, and promote a community that value mutual respect and diversity.